• I am an experienced math tutor from Michigan, serving Boca Raton and Delray Beach, FL.
• I tutor grades 6-12 as well as college math and computer/internet skills.
• I'm very personable, fun and outgoing. Learning with me is like learning with a friend!
• I've taught mathematics as an adjunct professor at Palm Beach State College.
• I passed the Florida Teaching Certification Exam (FTCE), qualifying me to teach math at the middle and high school level.
• My available tutoring hours are as early as 12:30pm and as late as 2am, weekends included
• I offer in-home tutoring at no additional cost, provided the student's home is located South of Linton Blvd., North of Glades Rd., East of SR7/US441, and West of Military Trail.
• I am setup to tutor international and out-of-state students via Skype, or local students who are on vacation or outside the in-home tutoring range and unable to meet at a local venue.
• I accept Cash, Checks, PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
• I also have a real estate broker license, so if you ever need real estate services, I can help!
• I wear shorts/sandals everywhere I go, and I hate waking up in the morning, which is why I chose to work in
real estate and tutoring. They are both shorts/sandals friendly
professions that allow me to sleep in every single day! :)
PhD Student, Computer Science, Florida Atlantic University
MS, Information Management, Arizona State University, 2001
BA, Finance, Michigan State University, 1998
What I can help you with:
• Arithmetic (Basic Math -- addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, fractions, etc.)
• Algebra 1
• Algebra 2
• Calculus 1
• Statistics 1
• Quantitative Methods for Business (QMB)
• Accounting 1
• Finance 1
• Personal Finance / Investments
• Real Estate Math
• Math Test Preparation (SAT, ACT, CPT, PERT, FCAT, FTCE, TEAS, GRE, GMAT, GED, CLEP, ALEKS, AccuPlacer)
Previous Relevant Work Experience:
• Florida Real Estate Broker (Lic. No. BK3234861)
• Credit Risk Analyst - Wachovia Bank
• General Electric Capital Corporation - Leadership Development Program (LDP)
Why choose me?
• Most tutoring companies don't accommodate your busy schedule. I know you are busy, and time is money! While most "corporate" tutoring companies require that you take valuable time out of your busy schedule to drop-off and pick-up your child at their location, the Happy Fun Math Tutor saves you that precious time by coming directly to you, at a place of your choosing, for no additional cost!
• Why spend more money elsewhere for your child to learn in a group setting, competing with other children for the instructor's time? For much less money than you would pay elsewhere, your child will receive one-on-one, personal, private tutoring to ensure all relevant math concepts are learned and retained.
• Is your child about to take the SAT, FCAT, or another standardized test with heavy math emphasis? The Happy/Fun Math Tutor can help your child be prepared. The SAT is a very important test upon which colleges place heavy emphasis during the admissions process.
• Don't you want a tutor that can help your child throughout the entire math curriculum? If so, look no further than the Happy Fun Math Tutor! I tutor all math subjects, from basic arithmetic to complex calculus. Why change tutors throughout your child's educational progression, when the Happy Fun Math Tutor knows it all? Once the tutoring relationship has been established, it makes sense to retain the same tutor throughout your child's entire math curriculum, from elementary school all the way up to, and including, college!
• Is your family always traveling and on the go, forcing you to hire multiple tutors in various cities? If so, the Happy Fun Math Tutor is setup with the necessary tools to tutor via Skype, allowing your child to have the same tutor for all math subjects regardless of where in the world you happen to be that week.
For College Students and Working Adults:
• Are you in need of a math tutor but afraid of being bored to tears by a dry, dull personality? I make learning math fun! It's like hanging out with a friend and learning all at the same time. Most college students have limited funds, so why spend twice as much money for a "corporate" tutoring service when you can work directly with the Happy Fun Math Tutor at a fraction of the cost and twice the fun! :)
• Are you about to take the GRE or GMAT for graduate school admission? If so, the Happy/Fun Math Tutor can help you prepare. Graduate school admission offices place heavy emphasis on GRE/GMAT scores, so why gamble with your future -- schedule an appointment today with the Happy/Fun Math Tutor and ace the quantitative section of the test!
• Are you a working professional with little or no available time to see a tutor during the day? Are you a college student that would rather sleep in and study during the evening or late at night? If so, look no further. The Happy/Fun Math Tutor is available to help from as early as 12:30pm until as late 2am (well beyond midnight!), often times on the weekends as well.